Total Pageviews

Monday, March 14, 2011

Picked up a shift...

So it turns out I was able to pick up a opening shift today from 6am-10am before my classes began for the day. Today, for my break i picked up a small tub of cottage cheese and some fresh, raw broccoli. STOP! don't close the tab just yet, give me a few minutes to defend this undeservingly ostracized cottage cheese before everyone starts hating..

1. Cottage cheese =/= (does not equal) cottage cheese legs.
2. Cottage cheese is a significant source of B vitamins.
3. Excellent source of proteins, namely casein proteins.
4. It's delicious!!
5. Great protein:calorie ratio

As stated earlier, cottage cheese is extremely healthy, in contrast to what most people think or have heard about it. The only downside to cottage cheese would be its high sodium content, but if that is not a problem for you, cottage cheese should be a staple in your diet. I eat cottage cheese every day, at any time of the day. Its casein proteins make it a great late night snack, and it can also be a healthy dipping alternative to ranch dressing.





Dipping Alternative.
I chose the fresh raw broccoli to dip in my cottage cheese today. Contrary to popular belief, The orange is not the king of vitamin C. A serving of broccoli has more vitamin C than a serving of oranges! Broccoli is also a good source of protein and is also low in saturated fats and cholesterol.

Photo credits:
http://www.fooducate.com/blog/2010/04/05/what-are-those-chunks-in-cottage-cheese/

9 comments:

  1. Cottage cheese taste great! I always eat it before bed :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheese is nasty. Why don't you just dip them in butter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, I don't like cottage cheese that much but whatever floats your boat i guess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love me some cottage cheese with a little bit of pepper really makes it zing!

    If you into games check out my blog over at
    http://trapper02.blogspot.com/

    I follow and support daily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cottage cheese is always good and healthy. I like the pro tips in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm never liked Cottae, but might try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tip! Fresh broccoli is good and good for you. I definitely like cottage cheese too

    ReplyDelete